Sunday, February 8, 2009

wear red...

(Last) Friday was National Wear Red day so I decided it was finally time to finish up this card. I stamped and colored this to give to my friend who had heart surgery years ago. I didn't finish it till now so I will be sending this off to her soon :) Yay, one more thing off my french board!

I colored and stamped the shirt with my su markers in real red and basic black. Colored the ribbon with my Copic markers and went over it with my clear copic atyou spica marker. The real red panel was pierced with my ornare stencil and a red gem was placed in the center of the flower. The SU basic gray layer was scalloped with my Martha Stewart punch and smaller gems were placed over the small hole that remained from the punch.

supplies
stamps: melanie muenchinger for gina k. designs
ink: su real red, basic black
paper: pti white, su real red, basic black and basic gray
accessories: copic markers, michael's gems

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card. That set is so versatile. I love the bling.

Sharon said...

A great clean & simple card!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great card for the Go Red campaign.

Wendy Hall said...

Fabulous card for a fabulous cause

Michelle L. said...

What a great idea, Joyclynn! I love the scallops and bling.