Sunday, July 20, 2008

hawk mountain

Yesterday we took a trip to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary. We have a membership there and we all really enjoy the hike. Parts of the trail are dirt and other parts are solid rock... then there are the parts that fall somewhere in between. TJ and I like to take the Escarpment trail on the way back down, while Tom and Abby choose to take the shortcut back down. Yesterday it was particularly hot and humid here at home. Not sure what part of that sounded like hiking would be a good time, but I am glad we did. The temperature and humidity on the mountain were must less than here at home. As always, the view was spectacular. Next time I will try to get a panoramic shot from the north lookout. I hope you all enjoy these shots though, and if you live near Kempton, PA check it out!

Here's some of the fun we had:












2 comments:

Michelle L. said...

What a lovely spot! And your family is beautiful! Thanks for dropping by my blog - I'm going to add yours to my reading list, too!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time! :o)