Tuesday, July 8, 2008

a splitcoast shoebox swap in pa


This card was created for a Splitcoast Summer Bash shoebox swap that will be held next month not too far from my house. I expect the drive to be about an hour. I can't wait to meet these wonderful SCS ladies!! Especially Tracy Tripp. Tracy was my big DDSS over at Splitcoast a few rounds back and she is the just sweetest thing ever! She spoiled me big time!
This card was cased from PTI Nichole Heady's Blog. I knew I wanted to use this set to do a shirt like the one she did. So when I went back to her shirt post, I also cased the card under it a tad... thanks Nichole!
Speaking of Nichole's shirt idea... I couldn't wait for my new sets to arrive. So Abby got a few cute new t-shirts made out of her old winter undershirts. Way to recycle. That a few less summer shirts I have to buy her, and she really loves that I took the time to make her something, It really amazes me how excited my little ones are to receive a hand stamped ... anything... from me! Abby's shirt will get posted soon!

Recipe:
Burgundy linen cardstock from A C Moore
Hammermill 110# white
SU Certainly Celery cardstock
SU Baroque Burgundy Ink
SU Certainly Celery ink
Colorbox pink pastel chalk ink
SU Burgundy 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
Michael's Baubles
Michael's Shimmery white flower, colored pale pink with an RV93 Smoky Purple Copic marker
SU Slit Punch (for scallop)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Very cute, LOVE it!! Can't wait to create it. I'll be at the PA swap as well. Can't wait!! So excited!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card, and can't wait to meet you. I'll be at the swap too, and I'm soo excited. I think we actually live kinda close.