Friday, July 18, 2008

hello friend...


My new toys from Jacksonbelle came in a few days ago and I got to play with the Basic Gray Boxer papers today.
I really love the look of sewing on cards but I just can't be bothered with pulling out my machine. Besides, I really don't know how to sew. The stitching on this card was done with some DCWV rub-ons from my stash that I have had forever.
The Chip accent was covered with the boxer paper as well. I really don't enjoy covering chip with paper because I can never seem to trim it out in a way that I am happy with. This chip was a bright teal and really needed to be covered.A smidge of teal showed thru so I colored the edges with a navy marker. Anyone know a great way to trim? I just use my Xacto for now.
The red card base is a very small part of some EK Success 18x18 (yes, really) cardstock that I got at my local AC Moore yesterday. It was 25 cents per sheet and I bought four. Who could resist that? I put it on my We R Memories magnetic cutting mat, lined with up diagonally with the corners of the square and used the 45* angle as my guide. I actually cut it more accurately with my Xacto knife than I usually can on my guillotine cutter.

Stamps by Paper Trey Ink
Cardstock base by EK Success (red chrysanthemum)
Boxer Patterned Paper by Basic Gray
Ribbon from Stampin' Up!
Flowers from Prima
Metal frame and flower brad from Stampin' Up!
Gems by Heidi Swapp
Chipboard from Colorbok

No comments: