Tuesday, September 9, 2008

joyful snowflakes...

This card is for my friend Kristyn to bring to a swap we are going to. We were at Georgann's the other night cutting, cutting, cutting and I threw it all together in baggies and made the final sample because we didn't have ribbon there that *worked* on this. I really like the way this silver ribbon pulls the sparkle from the shimmery card stock of the main image.
We CASED this from a Christmas card G did last year. We just spun it and changed up the embellishments we used. The image was stamped in handsome hunter on shimmery paper... it really shines irl. It's popped up on foam dots. I used my Fiskars snowflake embossing punch for the edge. The "O" in JOY was sponged with sage shadow ink. It makes the silver snowflake brad stand out just a bit more.
supplies:
sage shadow card stock, wintergreen dsp, unknown shimmer card stock
walmart ribbon, mm brad, fiskars border punch,

12 comments:

Jessy said...

Very nice card. I love the colors and that stamp set is one of my FAV's. Wonderful job!!!

Carmen said...

Awesome jon, I love the colors.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful holiday card! Love the nontraditional colors, your wonderful design and awesome image! I just got this set; thanks so much for the inspiration.

Enfys said...

Popped over from SCS's blog forum, love your blog and your work is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Love the Wintergreen DSP...cute card!

Lorraine said...

very cute card. love the added blitz that the silver ribbon brings to the card. tfs

Conibaer said...

Your card looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Check out that ribbon! That is what it needed.
G.

Cathleen said...

What a wonderful holiday card! Your Blog is great!mt

Enfys said...

It's lovely! I love slightly 'offbeat' colours for Christmas cards.

paulssandy said...

So retro! I absolutley LOVE your snowflake brad and how you used it in the JOY!
Sandy o
www.papertransformer.com

carabecca said...

One of my favorite sets, love the pp you used here.