Sunday, September 28, 2008

single layers...

I am making some single layer cards to add to my sale stash. Some of the teachers at my daughters school were asking about mailing the bulkier cards and I thought this was a good way to resolve those fears. I created a mask out of acetate and stippled the centers. For the butterfly, I stippled in bashful blue and then stamped in rose red with the sentiment in black craft. Then I outlined the entire area in stickles. For the flower, I stippled in barely banana, then stamped the flowers in pale plum and the sentiment in basic black. I added the heidi swapp gems in the center of each flower then outlined in gold stickles.
supplies:
stamps: butterfly if happiness from su, flower garden from pti
paper: pti white
accessories: heidi swapp gems, stipple brush, stickles

6 comments:

Cris A said...

These are so pretty! I love how the stickles added so muh detail.

Sara (Chicago Girl) said...

I love this idea! They both turned out wonderful!

Michelle said...

These are beautiful!! I stink at one layer cards, lol!! Love the sparkle!

Mandy said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the little gems! So so beautiful!

Jean said...

I'm trying to stop making one layer cards and here you are tempting me to try this. No fair!

Twila said...

I love both cards. Simply but beautiful.